Follow us on
E-Car Grid integration & Smart Grid Communication - Trial Site Ireland
Future Internet : Electricity in Action
|Topics||TRIAL I: Electric Vehicle- Grid integration trial locations in Galway using WiMAX, and Waterford & Wexford using LTE. Control systems in Waterford
TRIAL II: Smart Grid Communications using OPST, based in Dublin and Portlaoise
Lead partner /
John Howard, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two smart energy trials both based in Ireland
- Eight Partners
- Approximately € 4.5m funding
- Trial I – EV Grid Integration
- Trial II – Smart Grid IP communications
- Electric Vehicle integration into the grid
- Develop charging optimisation systems using Generic and Domain Specific Enablers
- Use WiMAX and LTE access technologies
- Large scale modelling
- Provide answers to key issues:
- Will EVs be integral to the grid ?
- How will GEs be deployed ?
- What communications technology to use ?
- Economic impact ?
- Distribution Network Integration - Open Call
- Advanced IP based smart grid communications
- Utilities slow to adopt IP:
- Electrical protection
- Cyber security threats
- Legacy systems
- Missed IP economic of scale
- Lack of innovation
- Hybrid solutions
- End of life issues
- Use fully optical network – reduce opto-electric transitions
- Achieve greater determinism
- FI-Ware Generic Enabler to provide management security layer
- Test network parameters
- Trial future orientated and legacy electrical systems
TRIAL II - Overview
TRIAL SITE PARTNERS - Main technical role
|Take a look at the FINESCE trial site in Ireland
The Consolidated Trial Description represents the first public deliverable in the FINESCE project. It gives an overview of the infrastructures being used for the FINESCE field trials.